German Degree holders: 1 August
International applicants: 1 June
German Students: 1 February
International applicants 1 December
Requirement for the Master program is a completed Diploma or Bachelor degree in the field of digital Media. Candidates from related fields (eg. media design, computer science, media management, media studies) have a chance – but they should have practical experience in media production.
Good English knowledge is required. In case of a precedent Bachelor study with 180 ECTS, a practical work experience period (Praktikum) must be completed during the study period..
From an average of 1.9 applicants will be evaluated for their aptitudes. The selection is made depending on the overall grade, relevance of previous studies, practical experience, motivation letter, exposé of field of study and work samples.
The following documents are required to be submitted
1. Final certificate of previous studies (alternative interim certificate), a diploma, if the diploma was received from another university
2. Detailed curriculum vitae
3. Letter of motivation (personal statement), which establishes a personal interest in this master’s degree program
4. Portfolio with 3 to 5 work samples
5. Exposé of the announced research and development field
6. If available, proof of practical experience (work certificates, letters of recommendation)